Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Though I have received request before to come sampling, I have never received a request from an art museum to provide lampreys. The Met put on an exhibit in which live lampreys were used, and I had the opportunity to collect those animals.

Here is the description of the exhibit and the artist.

And here is the opening ceremonies with the tank and the NY skyline in the background.

Here is someone inspecting the tank. There is a lamprey in the lower right corner.

I did not visit the exhibit myself, these pictures were provided to me from workers at the Met. This is probably the first time most people who visited have ever seen a lamprey, possibly ever heard about them. Any press for lamprey (other than killing them in the Great Lakes) is good press.

No comments:

Post a Comment