Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Return of Fall

This may be the last time I sample at this location, sadly and thankfully.
No pictures of ammocoetes, just an adult lamprey which, if it survives the winter, will migrate to spawn this coming spring. I collected it multiple times, it has been tagged by me before.


A large storm passed through the area since I was last here. You can see all of the vegetation out to about 1.5m beaten down by the water that passed when the stream flooded.


I found this guy in the morning and left him in the car to warm up to see if he would fly away. He did not when I released him and had to finally whisk him away so he could find a place to rest. This is likely the very end of the breeding season and the individual I collected may just be living on borrowed time.

A look at the site through this year at 3 of the seasons. You can really tell the difference between the green color now and when I sampled back in the spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment